A local MySql database is used for locally hosted website and web development as discussed in the previous articles.
Why MySql ?
MySql is opensource.
MySql queries are as simple as writing a sentence to fetch data (after some practice).
MySql support community and user base is huge. You will get answers for almost any query on forums.
How to transfer MySql database ?
- Go to your database or table after opening localhost/phpmyadmin.
- In the tabs on the middle of screen you will see import and export database options.
- Go to export and select default options select Sql option and click download.
- You will get the zipped / compressed sql file your database.
- Now keep this file and open yourserver/phpmyadmin from your web hosting.
- Create a new database and assign a new user to this database and note down the credentials.
- Similarly as above you have to select import option and upload the zipped file you saved earlier.
- You database will now be available on the server.
- If your hosting provider allows remote access on database, you will be able to connect your local application to hosting server’s database.